What We Do
What do you need to know about electric meter recycling when you partner with Utility Recyclers?
- We recycle obsolete meters in an environmentally friendly and efficient manner
- We have developed state-of-the-art processing equipment to recycle high volumes of meters
- All obsolete electric meters will be recycled domestically or internationally
- All cardboard from the meter boxes will be baled at our facility and recycled
- Gaylord boxes and pallets will be reused
- The metallic rings and collars will be recycled
- The printed circuit boards will be recycled
- All non-ferrous and ferrous metals will be recycled
Have Electric Meters to Recycle?
How Does it Work?
Step 1: Collect
Whether you are looking to recycle meters, electric vehicle charging stations, modules with batteries, or oil-filled equipment, URI has the experience and creative solutions needed for packaging, handling, and storing assets to maximize value and ensure safe transportation.
Step 2: Transport
URI prides ourselves on our responsive and timely transportation options. When limited warehouse space is a challenge, our clients have confidence knowing that our trucks will arrive on time for loading. Our transportation partners span the world and can pick up from almost any location with minimal notice.
Step 3: Recycle
URI is committed to ensuring that all materials received – from the asset itself to the packaging it arrives in – are recycled or disposed of in the most environmentally friendly manner achievable
We are focused on finding outlets for all components so that we can maximize the recycling of all materials received.
We provide our supplier’s with Certificates of Recycling and/or Disposal upon request.
Materials may be recycled domestically or internationally depending on market conditions and supplier’s requirements
URI has developed outlets for recycling materials containing batteries